Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Letter from Sister Rowelyn Buluran ( of Washington Seattle Mission )

Letter from Sister Buluran dated   April , 2016

Since I've been out, I've experience many things that really changed me. Most of everyone thinks of Missionary Work as a burden or as a scary thing, but really, missionary work is a blessing. 

God has given us another way to feel his love, another way to come closer to him, and another way to be a tool for him. I learned recently that God doesn't need us to accomplish his goal, but because he loves us, he uses as instruments so that we can be refined, blessed, and importantly happy. The Lord gives us great counsel in Doctrine and Covenants 18:15-16, He says: "And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!. And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!"

When we invite that one friend to come to church with us, or when we give them a Book of Mormon, and share how we are so blessed because of it, we feel so much happiness in our soul. So the Lord is trying to tell us that we can experience so much more happiness if we invite, share and do more to help others to come unto Christ. I have the opportunity to experience this everyday, and I'm so grateful to my Heavenly Father.

In Preach My Gospel, it says that: "Members who share the Gospel experience joy and have the spirit abundantly. As we share the Gospel, we appreciate how precious and meaningful it is to us. And we feel a greater love for God and others."


Brothers and Sisters, I know that this is true. I know if we want to experience the joy that Heavenly Father promises us, then we need to turn outward and serve others. I know that when we do service to others, we're also serving our Heavenly Father, and showing our love for Him. I know that God loves each one of us and He wants us to be happy, and through missionary work we can find joy and happiness in our life.

I know that God lives. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer, that he atone for our sins so that we can return back again to our Heavenly Father. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and it helps me to draw closer to my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ. I know that Prophet Joseph Smith is a prophet of God that through him, the Church of Jesus Christ has been restored again here on earth. And, I say all this things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.



- Sister Buluran
Washington Seattle Mission
(Seattle YSA 2nd Ward, Seattle North Stake)











No comments:

Post a Comment

First Day of Seminary 2019-2020

June 3, 2019 First Day of Seminary 2019-2020